Better Questions Blog Archive November 2012
I received an email recently form a Mother telling me that she had found it to be quite confronting to take a look at how much of a teller she was with her children. In our online training program we ...
The best advice I have ever been given in my quest to be a Better Questioner is to listen as though I don’t exist. I confess that the first time I heard this advice I almost decided that I would...
The starting point for our journey to being a Potentialiser® has to be some honest self reflection about what we are currently doing in our role as parents, particularly in relation to us being a ...
For those of you that have undertaken our training that work in the Aged Care sector, you will know that we advocate to do more asking and not so much ‘telling’ when we are working with ou...
There is no doubt that the idea of switching from being more of a ‘telling’ person to an ‘asking’ person raises some valid concerns for people. One of the most frequent ones th...
We all know that when we are trying to change a habit that we have had for a long time it can feel like hard work and we often revert back to our old ways rather than persist with the perceived pain o...
In a workshop I ran recently that focussed on applying the 'Person Centred Approach' by asking Better Questions, a community nurse advised me that he had found it to be quite confronting to take a loo...
Once you make a choice to be a Potentialiser®* your kids will undoubtedly notice the change in your approach. In fact one lady shared with me recently that she had tried taking a more questioning ...
One of the things that I have learnt in life is that once you become aware of something you cannot change back and not become aware any more. Recognising that you are likely to be more of a natural &l...
- May 2020 (4)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (9)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (4)
- March 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (9)
- June 2012 (3)
- The Nut
- Ivan Illich
- Better Questions for These Challenging Times
- Bring on adversity!
- Better Questions for a Better You
- Better Leaders: When "I Dont Know" Doesnt Mean "I Dont Know"!
- Better Questions - Time
- Better Questions - A Better Way to Support Your Clients
- The Power of Questions
- Practice Makes Perfect Questioners!
- Achieve Better Questions Through Effective Listening
- Better Questions are the Best Way to 'HELP' Your Clients
- Better Question to Generate Ideas and ACTION!
- Being Open Minded Makes for a Better Questioner!
- Better Parents: Helping Your Children Make Choices
- Removing Limitations By Asking Better Questions
- Using Questions To Engage and Motivate
- Better Parents: The Importance of Listening
- Better Questions - Using the Best Language
- Better Parents: Asking Narrow Focussed Questions is Better than Telling!
- Better Parents: Communicating with your kids
- Better Parents: Parenting Tips for Questioning Younger Children
- Better Parents: Its never too late to promote positive change in your child
- Using Better Questions - The Unexpected Outcome!
- Better Parents - Why Should I Ask My Kids Better Questions
- Better Parents - When should I start using Better Questions?
- Better Questions for a Stress Free Christmas!
- Parenting Style - Your Self Awareness
- LEADERS - Bring Out the Best in Your Team
- Parenting - Communicating With Your Children: Are you an 'Asker' or a 'Teller'