Better Questions Blog Archive August 2013
It is interesting for me that without exception when I explain the concept of asking Better Questions one of the most common objections to using the approach is that it will take too much time. I do a...
This week I was chatting to a friend of mine who is receiving visits from a District Nursing service to help them to manage a current health challenge. My friend is generally extremely complimentary o...
I was invited to present at a conference for the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) very recently and chose to talk about The Power of Questions. So this week I thought I would remind you of some...
In our training programs I will usually end up the session by advising participants of the three P model. As I start to talk about this, people usually grab their pens ready to write down what the mod...
I often have people say to me that no one in their lives listens to them like I listen to them. Whilst I could potentially feel good about this, it usually makes me feel sad because it highlights to m...
I have been privileged recently to work with a number of Maternal & Child Health nurses who are being encouraged by new philosophical guidelines to work more collaboratively with clients rather th...
In our training programs we often give participants an opportunity to practice the skills that they learn, which of course helps to consolidate the learning. During the debrief with one of the g...
This week I was reminded of the importance and challenges of being open minded when you wish to be a successful Potentialiser. I personally find that many people say that they are open minded but when...
In a previous blog I wrote about using questions to help children to make decisions and I shared the example of Glenys who was feeling very frustrated with her 17-year-old son who she had been trying ...
- May 2020 (4)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (9)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (4)
- March 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (9)
- June 2012 (3)
- The Nut
- Ivan Illich
- Better Questions for These Challenging Times
- Bring on adversity!
- Better Questions for a Better You
- Better Leaders: When "I Dont Know" Doesnt Mean "I Dont Know"!
- Better Questions - Time
- Better Questions - A Better Way to Support Your Clients
- The Power of Questions
- Practice Makes Perfect Questioners!
- Achieve Better Questions Through Effective Listening
- Better Questions are the Best Way to 'HELP' Your Clients
- Better Question to Generate Ideas and ACTION!
- Being Open Minded Makes for a Better Questioner!
- Better Parents: Helping Your Children Make Choices
- Removing Limitations By Asking Better Questions
- Using Questions To Engage and Motivate
- Better Parents: The Importance of Listening
- Better Questions - Using the Best Language
- Better Parents: Asking Narrow Focussed Questions is Better than Telling!
- Better Parents: Communicating with your kids
- Better Parents: Parenting Tips for Questioning Younger Children
- Better Parents: Its never too late to promote positive change in your child
- Using Better Questions - The Unexpected Outcome!
- Better Parents - Why Should I Ask My Kids Better Questions
- Better Parents - When should I start using Better Questions?
- Better Questions for a Stress Free Christmas!
- Parenting Style - Your Self Awareness
- LEADERS - Bring Out the Best in Your Team
- Parenting - Communicating With Your Children: Are you an 'Asker' or a 'Teller'