Better Questions Blog Page No. 3
I recently came across this quote: "The greatest oak was once a little nut, that held its ground." Anon. It really helped me to remember and appreciate that life isn't easy and that there will be...
What if you have got all your life wrong? I was reminded the other day of what someone had shared with me in relation to a book that they had read – "The Death Of Ivan Illich", by Tolstoy. Appar...
Recognising that our thinking creates our reality, when challenging times are evident, we need to do all we can to manage our thinking and create the best experience that we can for ourselves. Wit...
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant." Horace These are tough times and understandably people are feeling fearful and worried...
As human beings we often get stuck in patterns of thinking because of our daily routines and habits. Some research suggests that we typically we have 95% of the same thoughts again tomorrow as what we...
I was talking with a manager recently who expressed how powerful using Better Questions had been in shifting his team to start taking more responsibility. In the past he had inadvertently been the mai...
It is interesting for me that without exception when I explain the concept of asking Better Questions one of the most common objections to using the approach is that it will take too much time. I do a...
This week I was chatting to a friend of mine who is receiving visits from a District Nursing service to help them to manage a current health challenge. My friend is generally extremely complimentary o...
I was invited to present at a conference for the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) very recently and chose to talk about The Power of Questions. So this week I thought I would remind you of some...
In our training programs I will usually end up the session by advising participants of the three P model. As I start to talk about this, people usually grab their pens ready to write down what the mod...
I often have people say to me that no one in their lives listens to them like I listen to them. Whilst I could potentially feel good about this, it usually makes me feel sad because it highlights to m...
I have been privileged recently to work with a number of Maternal & Child Health nurses who are being encouraged by new philosophical guidelines to work more collaboratively with clients rather th...
- May 2020 (4)
- September 2013 (2)
- August 2013 (9)
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (4)
- March 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (9)
- June 2012 (3)
- The Nut
- Ivan Illich
- Better Questions for These Challenging Times
- Bring on adversity!
- Better Questions for a Better You
- Better Leaders: When "I Dont Know" Doesnt Mean "I Dont Know"!
- Better Questions - Time
- Better Questions - A Better Way to Support Your Clients
- The Power of Questions
- Practice Makes Perfect Questioners!
- Achieve Better Questions Through Effective Listening
- Better Questions are the Best Way to 'HELP' Your Clients
- Better Question to Generate Ideas and ACTION!
- Being Open Minded Makes for a Better Questioner!
- Better Parents: Helping Your Children Make Choices
- Removing Limitations By Asking Better Questions
- Using Questions To Engage and Motivate
- Better Parents: The Importance of Listening
- Better Questions - Using the Best Language
- Better Parents: Asking Narrow Focussed Questions is Better than Telling!
- Better Parents: Communicating with your kids
- Better Parents: Parenting Tips for Questioning Younger Children
- Better Parents: Its never too late to promote positive change in your child
- Using Better Questions - The Unexpected Outcome!
- Better Parents - Why Should I Ask My Kids Better Questions
- Better Parents - When should I start using Better Questions?
- Better Questions for a Stress Free Christmas!
- Parenting Style - Your Self Awareness
- LEADERS - Bring Out the Best in Your Team
- Parenting - Communicating With Your Children: Are you an 'Asker' or a 'Teller'